If you enjoy reading this, please subscribe to my blog by selecting the follow button on the top right hand side. Thanks!!
Many people have asked which credit card I use to earn miles on. Well, I am not as clued in as many other bloggers and also not as quick to switch card providers so I went for what I thought to be two decent all round cards from Citi Singapore. You can find them under the travel segment of credit cards. These are suggestions, not recommendations and, at time of writing, I do not get paid for making any reference to them. The links are only to make it easier for you to view.
- Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 overseas spend.
- 1.2 Citi Miles with S$1 local spend.
- Exclusively for new to Citi Credit Cardmembers: Earn up to 42,000 Miles* when you apply & spend.
- Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 spent on Singapore Airlines and Silk Air.
- 2 Citi Miles per S$1 spent overseas.
- 1.3 Citi Miles with every S$1 spent locally.
What this actually is, is the Standard membership for Priority Pass. Once you exceed the complimentary passes, you have to pay a standard US$27 for access to the lounge (you can bring guests but for the same fee).
Basically that is it. As a frequent traveller I want to see more benefits available, which is why I was happy to see the latest offering from Citi
- Earn 5 Citi Dollars (=2 Miles) for every S$1 spent overseas, and 3.25 Citi Dollars (=1.3 Miles) for every S$1 spent locally.
- Be rewarded with additional Citi Dollars for your relationship with Citibank.
- Access a dedicated 24 hour concierge globally for all your travel and lifestyle needs.
Point 2 is based on years with Citi (percentage of points added dependent on years of being a Citi customer)
|Tenure||0 – 5 years||6 – 10 years||> 10 years|
|Citigold / Citigold Private Client||15%||20%||30%|
|Non Citigold/ Citigold Private Client||5%||10%||15%|
- Unlimited Priority Pass membership.
- Complimentary night stay at any hotel of your choice with a minimum, consecutive 4-night booking.
- Complimentary one-way airport limousine transfers eight times a year.
- Access to JetQuay Private Terminal
What is my miles accrual spending strategy?
Basically I entirely load up on my prestige card, despite spending locally being able to earn me the same 1.3 Citi miles per $1 spent on my PremierMiles AMEX card.
This is also because there is an annual membership fee of S$535, so I feel like I have to really get the most out of it.
The overseas spending matters on the Prestige card when it comes to the 8 complimentary airport limo transfers a year. Every quarter you need to spend a minimum of S$1,500 in currency other than Singapore dollars (thus if you spend S$1,500 at a Hong Kong hotel you would meet the spending requirement). Read the terms and conditions as it’s not entirely straightforward.
For Prestige, the Priority Pass is for unlimited use, and you are allowed to bring a guest.
The complimentary hotel night stay is if you stay 4 nights, the 4th night is free. Actually I believe this rule is change in 2017, and it will be the average cost of the room over 4 nights, not the price of the final night as it is now.
Finally, there is the access to the JetQuay private terminal in Singapore. You need to book a maximum of 30 days ahead of the departure date. However, there is a limit to the number of passes available every month.
There you have it. If you want to follow my mileage accrual pattern sign up to the Citi Prestige.
Please show your support and subscribe to my blog by selecting the follow button at the top right. Thanks!!
You can find me also on